We believe the Church is an essential service for our community and we look forward to continuing that valuable contribution in the midst of whatever is happening in our community. Restrictions have lifted in San Diego County and we are holding live services indoors and online Wednesdays at 6:30pm and Sundays at 10am. The church is open.
Before I share what steps we are taking, let me affirm our desire to walk with you at the pace you are comfortable. If you are uncomfortable to engage in in-person gatherings, that's ok. You won't be left out or left behind. From what I am seeing in talking with you, our congregation is 50/50 people that want to meet in person or online. We will still will be streaming every service along with providing ways to connect virtually through the week. We are encouraging people to watch online, especially if you are in a at risk demographic.
Here are the steps that we are taking to provide a safe worship environment:
• We will observe social distancing guidelines before, during, and after each service. Everyone will be asked to observe the 6-ft rule at all times.
• We will request that everyone wear a face mask
• People will be seated as they arrive and will be dismissed in an orderly fashion.
• Family members will be seated together, and family groupings will be seated 6 feet apart. People traveling to the service together may also be seated together.
• There will NOT be separate kids/youth ministries, but children are welcome to attend the service with their family in the main auditorium. If you’d like to attend and you’re concerned your small children might disrupt the service, we’ve set up a family room option.
• The service will also be streamed LIVE on Facebook, Youtube, and GraceSanMarcos.Net for anyone wishing to participate online.
• If you’re sick, we ask that you please stay home and participate online.
• If you’re in the high-risk category, please use your discretion knowing that you have the option of worshipping online.
• We will be leaving the doors of the sanctuary open during service to provide additional fresh air and ventilation.
• Pastors and Volunteers will receive a temperature check when arriving
• We’ve sprayed and disinfected the entire building, and we will continue to implement environmental cleanliness and sanitization practices. This includes disinfecting door handles, countertops, chairs, and other frequently-touched surfaces, etc. Also, hand sanitizer will be available at every entrance.
We are excited to announce: Grace Kids is reopening this Sunday, Sept. 6, 2020! Below is a list of specific ways we are approaching this:
We will follow all social distancing guidelines, including:
a) Teachers are Noah's Park Pre-School teachers and are trained with state and local CDC
b) Teachers will be required to wear masks, kids will not unless it’s parents preference.
c) We will be reducing class size.
d) Temperatures will be taken as each child is received.
e) Hand sanitizer will be visible and readily available.
g) If your child shows any symptoms of sickness, please keep them home.
h) Please pick-up your child as soon as the service ends.
We have been in communication with San Diego County and are ready for this reopening!
We hope to see you this Sunday at Grace! Service starts at 10AM.